Thursday 14 July 2011

Speedo sensor / Handbrake switch / Inertia switch

Wednesday 13th July
Cut the hole bigger in the body tub to give the exhaust more clearance.




Fitted the speedo sensor, I fitted the magnet on the rear prop shaft flange, I drilled a 6mm hole approx 2mm deep, inserted the magnet then covered it with araldite to keep it in place. I then fitted the bracket I made earlier to the rear handbrake bolt, this lines the sensor up nicely over the prop flange. I then supplied power to the sensor and adjusted it until the led light came on so I knew it was picking up the signal.


Finally got 2 holes drilled in the handbrake leaver to take the warning light switch, the lower part of the lever is made of hardened steel so I couldn’t drill through it. My neighbour took it into his old works for me and the drilled it on a pillar drill with a carbide drill.


Drilled out the hole in the rear of the body tub to take the fuel cap.


Made a small bracket to attach the inertia switch to, the bracket I riveted to the box I made to hold the ECU which is under the dash, it is then at least accessible should it trip for any reason.


Fitted the front tunnel top then I spiral wrapped the rest of the loom as there was a couple I didn’t do previously as I had run out of spiral wrap so purchased more.


I fitted the carpets to tunnel fronts in the drivers and passengers bulkhead, it will be easier now than when the body is on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment