Tuesday 26 July 2011

Reversing light fixed

Monday 25th July
Traced the reversing light fault, first thing I checked was the connections on the reversing light switch (on the gearbox) which means I had to take the top front part of the tunnel off, I had riveted this so I had to drill out all the rivets L I will fix this back in place with self tappers just in case I need access in the future. The wires on the switch were fine, so I checked the switch itself, I put it in reverse and checked for continuity which was working fine, put the wires back on and replaced the top tunnel cover. The tiger supplied loom comes with reversing light wires on both the left and right rear, in case you fit rear clusters with reversing lights already fitted in them, basically the wire runs to the right reverse light first, then another wire comes out of that and goes to the left reverse light, when I cut off the connector on the right side and made the wires safe, I didn’t join them together, so there was no feed getting to the left reversing light. So I took the spiral wrap and the tape off, soldered the two wires together, put heat shrink over them then tape and recovered with spiral wrap, job done the reversing light now works, well it would if I had a bulb for it, cant believe that new lights are supplied with no bulbs L.

I also fitted the rear body tub down, I used 2 M8 cap head bolts with large washers in each corner, I drilled through the plate coming off the rear chassis, then through the tub, it seems to hold the rear body down well, time will tell.

As with the reversing lights, the fog lights also have wires both left and right side, the ones on the left which are not used, I trimmed off, made safe and put into the spiral wrap out of sight, so it looks neat and tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment