Tuesday 19 July 2011

Dashboard

Sunday 17th July
Thought I would have a change from the body panels today, I only got the bonnet left to fit now J so I made a start on the dash. First I cut the fiberglass dash away leaving about 40mm around the edge to fix the new dash to. I have ordered some captive nuts, using this I will be able fix the dash in place without and visible fixings in the cockpit.


I then decided on the shape, I wanted it to come down to the transmission tunnel in the middle, this will give me more room for the dials and also I will be able to fix it to the top of tunnel so it will be more secure. I then spent a while deciding on how best to set the dials out, see pictures below, I now need to cover it with foam and vinyl and make sure I have a 19mm radius on the bottom for the dreaded IVA test.


No comments:

Post a Comment