Friday 15 July 2011

Longer wheel studs / Rad fan and horn

Thursday 14th July
Had a few deliveries today, the radiator fan mounting kit, (purchased from eBay) and Tiger sent me the missing horn and the longer wheel studs.

Fitted the fan and horn and wired them both up.


Moved onto the wheel studs, had to remove the front hubs to change these, so off with the brake calipers, then the hub. With the hub on the bench I then removed the discs and hit out the old studs with a hammer, they came out relatively easy, pushed the new longer studs into the holes as far as I could, then gave them a small tap with a hammer to locate them better, I then used my air rattle gun to seat them all the way home. I used an oversize nut as a spacer, then a washer, then a wheel nut and wizzed them home with rattle gun, only took about 10mins a corner from start to finish. You can see the difference in sizes below, the small ones are the old front studs, middle ones from the rear and the third is the new ones


With the rears I only had to remove the caliper and disc as I could get the new studs in without removing the drive shafts, however the rear studs were a bit a tighter to fit, even though I cleaned out the holes with a small bronze brush attachment on the drill, so the rear corners took about 30 mins each to disassemble and then refit using the same process as above.

I then put the body on, hopefully for the last time J

I trimmed the hole and fitted the down pipes, I now need to get a nut welded into the collectors so I can fit the lambda sensor.


Fitted the roll bar and also fitted the filler neck tube to the bottom of the filler cap, which was a fiddly job.


I then put the alpha loom through the bulkhead, fitted the alpha fuses where I had pre drilled the holes and put the ECU in.




No comments:

Post a Comment