Monday 25 July 2011

Cycle wings / bonnet again

Saturday 23rd July
Fitted the cycle wings today, these are one of the worse jobs on the car (apart from the bloody bonnet) I needed to pack out the outside of the cycle wings to get them sit straight over the wheels, I am using the same dome headed cap screws to fit the cycle wings as I used on the nose cone, I will spray top of the black to match the cycle wings so they wont stick out so much.



Back to the bonnet, I got it fitting as best I can but there is still a gap under the bonnet at the bulkhead, also the gap is bigger on the drivers side than it is on the passengers, I phoned tiger to see what I was doing wrong, they told me I was trying to do it too good !! that there should be a gap there as that is the way the bonnet is designed, why?? It looks bloody awful, anyway I will have too see what type of trim I can get so I can at least cover the gap and make it look tidy. I am also going to order some aero catches, as the tiger supplied ones are not the best and im not sure if they will pass IVA.




No comments:

Post a Comment