Thursday 21 July 2011

Bonnet / Dash radius

Wednesday 20th July
Decided to fit the top of the nosecone with some small dome headed cap screws, you shouldnt be able see these too much as they will be behind the headlight anyway. Moved onto the bonnet, this is going to take some time to get it to fit flush and looking good. Started at the nosecone part, trying to get the curves and lines lined up, it’s a slow boring job, file it a bit then try again, file it some more then try again, always marking up where it needs filing. Anyway im still not finished, will post some pics once I am done.

With the dash, you need a 19mm radius along the bottom edge, I have some 20mm o.d. convoluted tubing for covering wires, so I decided to try and use this, it is quite stiff so I had to use some heat on it get it bend around the inside corners of the dash, I then used epoxy resin at certain points to hold it place, once that dried I then went around the to seal it all and keep it in place, will let you know how it turns out once it is dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment