Monday 25 July 2011

Dash covering

Thursday 21st July
I bought some 4 pronged M6 Tee Nuts to fit the dash, these you drill the dash and hammer then into the wood, once the dash is covered you will not see the fixings as I will use cap head bolts screwed from behind the dash.


Got some foam and vinyl and decided to give covering the dash a go, I used spray glue to fix the foam to the dash and trimmed it all around so there was no foam over the edges. Cut the vinyl material to suit, I used spray glue on top of the foam to stick the surface down and then carefully pulled the vinyl around the edges and stapled it on the back side of the dash. I then cut the vinyl out of the holes where the clocks sit and inserted the clocks, this was where the problem was L even though I put a lot of slits around the holes the clocks were still pulling the vinyl so much that is was distorting the foam around the clocks and didn’t look right. I wasn’t happy with it after a few hrs of trying different things so I took all the vinyl and foam off, I will see if I can get it professionally covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment