Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tunnel top / Panel sealing

Tuesday 28th June
Decided to wait for the plates (to lift the engine) to arrive before doing any more work on the engine, so carried on with the ally panels. Made the top tunnel panel, I decided to do this in two parts, I will rivet the front part and have the rear section removable to get at the handbrake adjuster. I made both sections 15mm wider than the tunnel on each side, I could then bend the edges over to get better / cleaner finish. Couldn’t fit them yet as I am still waiting for the handbrake leave to arrive, I also need to get some draft excluder for panels I am going have removable to seal them.



Found the reversing light switch and fitted it to the gearbox

Decided to seal all the ally panels (where fitted) so used some masking tape to get nice clean edges (didn’t work that well on some parts due to the rivets), I also noticed on the drivers side where the chassis has two bars welded together (one on top of the other for strength) it was welded every few inches, but between the welds I could see daylight, so sealed those up as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment