Thursday 23 June 2011

More panelling / Rear suspension / Fuel sender

Saturday 18th June 
Off at 08:30 to the local (ish) garage to use there hydraulic press to fit the top metal bushes on the rear wishbones. Bushes went in really easy when using the proper tool J.
Fitted the drivers side triangle ally panel that I cut last night, then sealed up both sides with silicone.
Started on rear suspension, the bar with threaded ends for the lower wishbone was a really tight fit in the tiger fabricated upright, even though I cleaned it out first to get rid of all the powder coating. It took me about an hour to fit that one bolt!! And the only way I could get it in was beating the sh** out of it with a rubber mallet, even though I used copious amounts of oil to lubricate prior to fitting. Also fitted both drive shafts and rear hubs.

Once the wishbones were all fitted, I took one of the front shocks off and fitted it to the rear, this was so I could set up the geometry on the rear, with the front shock fitted to the back it gives you approximately the height the suspension would be sitting at with the weight of the car on it. I then set to 0 degrees (as per the book) as most of the time the car will be driven on the road, I can always alter this later if need be. I then reassembled the front shock, fitted the correct rear shocks and also fitted the drive shafts.

This kit comes with the rear disc conversion, tried to fit it but came up against a couple of problems, will try again tomorrow.

Drilled and tapped the top of the fuel tank and fitted the sender.

No comments:

Post a Comment