Thursday 23 June 2011

Drviers footwell, master cylinder plate and floor mounted pedals

Thursday 16th June
Found out here that I had mistakenly cut the drivers foot well aluminum plate to fit on the inside of the chassis, and with the floor mounted pedals it needs to be on the outside (engine bay side) chassis to fit the plate for the master cylinder. So it was time for a trip to the local metal supplies to get some more aluminum, unfortunately they only sell it in 8” x 4” sheets so I had to buy a complete a sheet, at least I have spare now for any other small mistakes and can also use it to make my dash, when I get to that stage. I made a template for this, but due to the place of the chassis bars I could not fit it one piece, so had to make it out of two pieces and rivet together once fitted.


Fitted floor mounted brake pedal, had to cut the plate that the master cylinder fits onto to make sure I could get the bolt holes centre of the frame, then marked and drilled out holes in the plate and chassis, cleaned up the plate and sprayed black where cut and filed. Once fitted I used a hole cutter to cut out the hole for the master cylinder.
Fitted floor mounted clutch pedal, drilled the hole in the aluminum foot well to take the cable.
Fitted Drivers side tunnel panels

No comments:

Post a Comment