Monday 27 June 2011

Radiator / Throttle Bodies

Sunday 26th June
Fitted the radiator, this was a bit of a fiddle and took a lot more time than I though it would. I had to construct some brackets for the bottom mount of the radiator, the bar they sit on is bent to stop it slipping off the end (away from the engine), but there was nothing to stop it the other way (towards the engine). Made and fitted the brackets, then lined the brackets with foam and fitted the radiator, put on the top mounting bracket that was supplied by tiger, drilled the appropriate hole and fixed it in place.



Measured and cut some of the water pipes to length, will fit these later on though,

Decided to build up the throttle linkage on the throttle bodies and then fit them, used the appropriate silicone gasket sealant, I put it on in what I thought was very sparingly, however once I fitted and bolted up the throttle bodies I thought I would check inside (by opening the throttle linkage and looking past the butterflies) to ensure that no sealant had oozed into the chambers, it had L , this is not good as it would obstruct and create turbulence to the airflow and would effect performance. So off they come, I cleaned all the silicone off the head and off the manifold of the throttle bodies, time to call it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment