Thursday 23 June 2011

Fuel tank / Steering column / Front brake pipes

Sunday 19th June
Ok back to the rear brakes, put on the brackets for the caliper (fitted the bracket with caliper facing backwards), this was where I hit the first snag, once fitted you cannot get the top bolt that holds the caliper in place through the hole, you can only see half the hole as the upright is in the way, so took it back off, tried it on the other side (with the caliper facing front) but had the same issue, no matter what orientation you put it in, once fitted you cannot get the bolt through the hole. I did think about putting the bolt into the bracket prior to fitting, but the bolts supplied with the brake kit where cap heads, and it would be impossible to tighten it up as you won’t get the allan key in it!!!!!
Put it in place with a normal bolt so you can tighten, fitted the disc (which is vented) put the pads into the caliper then tried to fit the caliper, the caliper would not fit over the disc, it wasn’t quite in line, do I use washers or should they not be vented discs on the back? Anyway decided to leave the rear brakes until I could give tiger a call.

Fitted the wiring, I use the term fitted lightly as I have run and clipped it done the tunnel, then just coiled it up and tied it out the way.

Moved onto fitting the ally fuel tank. Got this into place to find that it sits to far the drivers side (it doesn’t sit centre line of the car) is it suppose to be like this or have the brackets been welded in the wrong place, surely when the tank is full it would alter the handling of the car. Decided to cut the back drivers bracket on the tank so I could centre it better. This may come back and bite me in the ass when it comes to fitting the body as I hear tiger have moved the filler cap so you don’t need to cut away the boot, ah well time will tell. Plumbed up the feed and return to the tank.


Fitted the steering column


Fitted the master cylinder and run the front brake pipes around the engine bay. The supplied front brake pipes (complete with ends already fitted) I find are too long, I did not want to have too much excess pipe in the engine bay so I decided to cut to the correct length and re flare the ends.




No comments:

Post a Comment