Thursday 23 June 2011

Rear Suspension / Fuel lines / Fuel pump

Friday 17th June
Started on the rear suspension, fitted all the poly bushes in the top and lower wishbones, tried to fit the metal / rubber bushes in the top. I was using my bench mounted vice to fit these, on the first bush I was fitting,  my vice broke!! So talked to a neighbour (the one who helped me unload the kit when it arrived) and a couple of phone calls later he had spoken to a member of his family that works in a garage and if we were there for 09:00 the following morning we could have the use of there press.
So moved onto fitting the fuel lines, as I am fitting a 2 ltr Zetec with Alpha Throttle Bodies I need a feed and return pipe. I routed these through the tunnel and up the driver’s tunnel, and P clipped all the way. I fitted the fuel pump behind the passenger side rear ally panel.


Fitted the fuel pump behind passenger side back seat plate, also plumbed in feed pipe with high pressure connector and rubber fuel pipe.


Cut the back triangle ally panels, then fitted passenger side.


No comments:

Post a Comment