Tuesday 2 August 2011

Bonnet Catches

Friday 29th July
I decided to buy some decent bonnet catches as I don’t like the ones supplied with the kit so I bought Aero Catches, they arrived today so fitted these. I fitted 3 of the catches to the bonnet, one on the driver’s side due to the shape of the bonnet that flares out over the throttle bodies and two for the passenger side. I used the template supplied with the catches to mark out position the bonnet, I then drilled a 10mm hole and cut out the shape with a jig saw. I then fitted the strikers onto to the top chassis rails in the engine bay. The fitting was easy enough but it took a while to get the strikers in tight position to hold the bonnet down properly, I also had to bend the front passenger side one slightly to get it to line up, good job they are made of ally and are easy to bend J


No comments:

Post a Comment