Tuesday 2 August 2011

Headlights and Indicators

Saturday 30th July
Fitted the headlights today, I had to use some spacers to give them a bit more height as they were hitting the cycle wings on full lock. I then shortened the wires and wired the lights into the tiger loom.

Next I made some extensions for the indicators, for this I used some 13mm copper tubing, I knocked some M8 nuts into the ends so I could fit the indicator to the copper tube and the copper tube to the nosecone, I then sprayed the copper tubes black. I had to extend the wires for the indicators, then wired them into the tiger loom.



Also fitted the side repeaters, I decided to fit these to the scuttle, I can then run the wiring for them from the indicator lights that will be on the dash, the tiger loom does not supply the wiring for the side repeaters so this was made up and added to the loom. The problem is though it looks like I have fitted them in the wrong place L it seems they need to be visible from some weird angle at the rear of the car to pass IVA, so looks like I will have to move these at a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment