Monday 19 March 2012

Interior Revamp / Gear Remote Adjustment

Friday 16th March 2012

Stripped out the seats / dash and all the interior carpeting today, this was all supplied with the kit (apart from the dash) and didn’t fit the best so I decided to redo it.

While I had all the interior out it gave me access to the gear remote, I took this apart as selecting the gears was not easy and there was quite a bit of slop in the gearstick. On checking the gearbox side of the remote there was already a saddle fitted to the shaft but I didn’t have one on the remote side, so I purchased another saddle, fitted it then refitted the tiger remote.

On the tiger remote there is an adjustable reverse stop block (this is to stop you selecting reverse when you are changing gear). To adjust this to the right position, I put the car into 1st gear, and then adjusted the block right up to the bottom of the lever. On the bottom of the lever there is a recess which can pass the reverse block when the lever is pressed down enabling you to select reverse gear. The gear change is now positive and nice and smooth, and thanks to the added saddle there is slop in the gearstick

No comments:

Post a Comment