Tuesday 3 April 2012

Bootlid and Doors

Saturday 24th March 2012
Fitted the lockable boot lid today, I bought 2 stainless steel hinges and two cupboard magnets to use for fitting it to the body. The boot lid has a lip all the way around in, this needed filing down to ensure it fitted into the hole flush, once I got it fitting nice I then marked up where the hinges would be fitted to the lid. The best way I found was to completely remove the lip from boot lid where the hinges fitted, I then use epoxy to fit them to lid side as I didn’t want rivets showing on top of the boot. Then I put the boot lid in place and marked and drilled the holes where I was riveting it to the body, I then fitted magnets to the body and the metal catch plates to the lid to ensure the corners were held down flush the to finish it off I applied the stripes.





The doors that Tiger supplied me arrived so I decided to fit these too, they will help keep the wind down on those longer journeys. They come with 4 barrel and pin type hinges and poppers that need to be fitted to the doors and car to keep them in place.

First I fitted the hinges to the windscreen frame

Then I fitted the poppers to the doors and also to the car, there are three fitted to the door and three to the car for each door, I popper on the outside and two on the inside. It may need more at later stage I will see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment