Monday 3 October 2011

IVA Update

Monday 3rd  October
Ok took the car for the test and it fell at the first hurdle L I booked the test and completed all the paperwork off the invoice I received with the kit when I bought it, unfortunately tiger had made a mistake with the chassis number on the paperwork, the chassis number on the car finished with a 4 and the paperwork finished with a 5, therefore the tester could not identify the car and was not able to continue with the test. To add insult to injury, as the car didn’t get tested and it was a paperwork error I would have to pay the full retest fee of £450 again!!!

On the way home for from the test we pulled in at a services on the M56, I called the insurance company and changed the details of the chassis number so I was covered, I then drove the car the rest of the way home, that at least put a smile on my face J

Called tiger once I got home to explain about the issues I had with the paperwork, they couldn’t understand what had gone wrong and said they would investigate and call me back. Approx 15mins later Laura called me back and apologized, she had made a mistake on the invoice and the chassis number on the car was the correct one and the paperwork was wrong, Laura also told me tiger would pay for the retest, do any paperwork that was necessary and they also compensated me for my hassle, which I think is excellent customer service so thanks tiger J

I now have a new test date of October 7th so hopefully things will be ok this time. After the tester done the paperwork he spent approx an hour going over my car to see if there was anything I needed to put right prior to going back for the next test, which was very good of him as he didn’t have to do this J there were a few issues that he pointed out which I have now put right, we will see on the 7th J.

No comments:

Post a Comment